PADUCAH, KY (KFVS) - A man is in custody after leading police on a brief chase in McCracken Co., Kentucky.
While attempting to conduct a traffic stop on Friday, March 3 around 10:39 p.m. for traffic violations, deputies discovered that the driver of the vehicle was Damien A. Bowles, 35 from Paducah, Ky.
Bowels was charged with:
- 1st offense operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- possession of marijuana
- buying and possessing drug paraphernalia
- 1st degree fleeing or evading police in a motor vehicle
- 2nd degree fleeing or evading police on foot
- operating on suspended or revoked operator’s license
- one headlight out
- reckless driving
- 5 counts of disregarding a stop sign
- arrest warrant for failure to appear in court
- arrest warrant for parole violation – absconding supervision
Bowles attempted to flee and refused to stop for deputies for several miles at a low speed.
Bowles came upon the intersection of Dundale Road and Highland Boulevard and jumped from the vehicle, while it was still in motion. He ran from deputies and was caught 1 block from where he had left his vehicle.
Deputies discovered that Bowles was operating his vehicle under the influence of alcohol and drugs, had marijuana on his person, and had two outstanding warrants for his arrest.
Bowles was taken into custody and resides in the McCracken County Jail.
Deputy D. Awbery was the lead investigator for this incident.