Family of 5 escapes Cairo, IL house fire caused by space heater - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Family of 5 escapes Cairo, IL house fire caused by space heater

(Source: Robert Foote/KFVS) (Source: Robert Foote/KFVS)
(Source: KFVS) (Source: KFVS)
(Source: KFVS) (Source: KFVS)
(Source: KFVS) (Source: KFVS)
CAIRO, IL (KFVS) -

A  blanket placed on top of a space heater caused a fire at a home in Cairo, Illinois.

The damage is mostly in the bedroom where the space heater was located, the rest of the house has smoke damage.

The fire happened at around 7:30 a.m. at 321 Third Street, Cairo, Ill.

Five people live in the home including two adults and three children. 

Everyone in the home made it out safely and no one was injured.

Download the KFVS News app: iPhone | Android

Copyright 2017 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly