UPDATE: fire that destroyed Chaffee home ruled accidental - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

UPDATE: fire that destroyed Chaffee home ruled accidental

(Source: cNews) (Source: cNews)
Firefighters work to put out flames at 115 West Parker Ave. in Chaffee (Source: Robert Foote KFVS12) Firefighters work to put out flames at 115 West Parker Ave. in Chaffee (Source: Robert Foote KFVS12)
(Source: cNews) (Source: cNews)
CHAFFEE, MO (KFVS) -

A fire that destroyed a home in Chaffee has been ruled accidental.

The call went out to the home on West Parker Avenue around 11:20 p.m. on Tuesday, August 23, 2016.

While Chaffee firefighters quickly had the fire under control, they called on the Delta Fire Department for extra manpower.

No one was home at the time.

We are told the home was condemned several years ago, but had been worked on and changed homes a few times until the current owners bought it.

The building is still standing, but firefighters say because of smoke and water damage, it’s considered a total loss.

The owners would like to rebuild on the site of the city inspector will allow it.

The Chaffee fire chief said the fire was caused by something in the electric system. It started in a back storage room where the electric box was located.

Download the KFVS News app: iPhone | Android

Copyright 2016 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly