CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - Absentee voting is available for the August 2 Primary Election in Cape Girardeau County, Missouri.
In-person absentee voting is available at the following locations:
County Clerk Main Office - Jackson, Mo.
County Administration Building
#1 Barton Square, Suite 301
Jackson, MO 63755
County Clerk Satellite Office - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Common Pleas Courthouse - Annex
44 North Lorimier Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Voters can request a ballot be mailed to them by filling out a form on the county website. You can click here for more information. You return the request form by email email@example.com, by fax 573-204-2418 or by mail 1 Barton Square, Suite 301, Jackson, MO 63755.
Absentee voters must provide one of the following reasons for voting absentee:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability
- Religious belief or practice
- Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter's polling place
- Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained
- Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 RSMo. because of safety concerns
You can click here to see a sample ballot.
For more information, you can call the county clerk's office at 573-243-3547.