(KFVS) - Today is National Signing Day, and Heartland teams are reeling in the recruits! Check back here to get updates on the latest signings.
Updated as of Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 4:40 p.m.
Zackery Smith - WR - 5'11" - 180 lbs. - Louisville, Ky./Male H.S.
- First-Team AP All-State and All-District wide receiver at Male High School
- Two-time All-District honoree as a return man
- Third-team member of The Courier-Journal's All-State team who also garnered All-Metro
- Finished his senior season with 48 catches for 1,040 yards and scored 18 total touchdowns, while helping the Bulldogs go 15-0 and win the Class 6A State Championship
- Played in the Best of the Bluegrass All-Star and Tennessee/Kentucky Border Bowl All-Star Games
Jesse Hosket - QB - 6'4" - 220 lbs - French Camp, Miss./French Camp H.S./East Central CC
- Started as a sophomore at East Central Community College
- Ranked fifth in the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges in passing
- Completed 117-of-191 passes (61.3 pct.) for 1,504 yards and 16 touchdowns in 2015
- Averaged 222.3 passing yards per game
- Threw only two interceptions in his two-year junior college career
Zach Hall - ILB - 6'0" - 245 lbs. - Louisville, Ky./Male H.S.
- All-State and All-District honoree at Male High School
- Helped the Bulldogs go 15-0 and win the Class 6A State Championship in 2015
- Male High School ranked #9 in the nation by USA Today
Omardrick Douglas - OLB - 6'3" - 210 lbs. - Louisville, Ky./Ballard H.S.
- Greater Louisville Coaches Association Class 6A All-District selection at Ballard High School
- Was the leader of the Bruins defense while playing both end and linebacker
- Ranked second on the team with 81 tackles and led the team with 14 sacks as a junior
Austin Crump - TE - 6'5" - 240 lbs. - Eureka, Mo./Eureka H.S
- Standout offensive lineman at Eureka High School
- Second-Team Missouri Football Coaches Association Class 6 All-State selection
- First-Team All-Conference pick
- Earned First-Team All-District and Third-Team All-Metro honors
- Had 68 tackles, one interception and 57 pancake blocks as a senior
- Helped lead Eureka to an 11-1 record that year
Britt Harris - ILB - 6'0" - 205 lbs. - Kennett, Mo./Kennett H.S.
- Garnered SEMO All-Conference honors in multiple seasons
- Among finalists for the 2016 SEMOBall Football Defense Player of the Year Award
- Earned First-Team Class 3 Southeast Missouri Area Football Coaches Association All-Region accolades
- Claimed first-place in the 195 weight class in the Class 2 District 1 Tournament
- Became the first Kennett wrestler to earn a trip to state and won his first match at the State Wrestling Championship in Columbia, Missouri
Jake Reynolds - K/P - 5'11" - 170 lbs. - Wildwood, Mo./Lafayette H.S.
- First-Team Suburban West American All-Conference pick at Lafayette High School
- Two-time First-Team All-State and All-District honoree
- Kicked off 51 times for 2,983 yards, averaging 58.5 yards per kick his final prep campaign
- Punted 42 times for 1,788 yards with an average of 42.6 yards per punt that season
- Made 35-of-36 extra points and 4-of-5 field goals
Kendrick Tiller - K/P - 5'11" - 170 lbs. - Lebanon, Mo./Lebanon H.S.
- First-Team All-Ozark Conference kicker at Lebanon High School
- Played in the Blue-Grey All-American Bowl
- Scored 140 points in his high school career
- Made 33-of-36 PATs and 4-of-7 field goals as a senior
- Did not miss a PAT during his junior season, making 28-of-28
Marlon Eugene - DB - 6'0" - 195 lbs. - Royal Palm Beach, Fla./Royal Palm Beach H.S.
- All-around athlete who played linebacker, wide receiver and defensive back at Royal Palm Beach High School
- Played in the Palm Beach County High School All-Star Football Game as a senior
- Helped lead the Wildcats to the District 13-7A title as a junior in 2014
Victor Alvarez - OLB - 6'2" - 235 lbs. - West Palm Beach, Fla./Oxbridge Academy
- Florida High School Athletic Association and Associated Press Class 3A All-State selection at Oxbridge Academy
- Palm Beach Post Small Schools Defensive Player of the Year and Sun Sentinel All-Palm County Defensive Player of the Year
- Anchored the ThunderWolves defensive line with 72 tackles and 17 sacks as a senior
- Had 49 solo tackles and averaged 6.5 tackles per game
- Made a career-high 16 tackles in a road loss to the McCallie School
- Set a school record with five sacks against American Senior High School
Justin Swift - OLB - 6'0" - 205 lbs. - Memphis, Tenn./Trezevant H.S.
- Registered 157 tackles, five fumble recoveries and four interceptions as a senior at Trezevant High School
- Four-time Defensive Player of the Week
- Returned an interception 95 yards for a touchdown in the 2A BlueCross Bowl
- Finalist for the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Award
- Was the Shelby Metro Defensive Player of the Year
- Garnered All-State accolades and was named to the All-State Team
Traionn Jones - WR - 5'9" - 190 lbs. - West Palm Beach, Fla./Oxbridge Academy
- All-Gulf Atlantic Football Conference receiver at Oxbridge Academy
- Had 23 catches for 278 yards and a touchdown as a senior
- Finished with 463 yards and scored five touchdowns on 37 receptions as a junior
- Added 13 catches for 93 yards and a touchdown in his first varsity season as a sophomore
Clarence Thornton - DL - 6'3" - 290 lbs. - Memphis, Tenn./Ridgeway H.S.
- All-District and All-Conference selection at Ridgeway High School
- Earned First-Team All-Metro honors
- Played in the 2015 AutoZone Liberty Bowl High School All-Star Game
Nick Thompson - ILB - 5'11" - 235 lbs. - Malden, Mo./Malden H.S.
- Led the Green Wave in rushing and was the team's top defender at linebacker
- Named the 2015 Standard Democrat Football Defensive Player of the Year
- Anchored a defense that allowed 21 points a game and reached the Class 2 State Championship game
- Recorded 124 tackles, 26 tackles for loss, one sack, two fumble recoveries and nine pass breakups as a senior
- Ran for 1,462 yards and 28 touchdowns
Joe Welte - ILB - 6'0" - 225 lbs. - Arnold, Mo./Fox H.S.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch All-Metro selection at Fox High School
- Suburban West National Division Defensive Player of the Year and Lineman of the Year
- Recorded 115 tackles and three sacks for the district finalist Warriors
- Finished his prep career as Fox High School's all-time leading tackler
Al Young - WR - 6'0" - 185 lbs. - Cape Girardeau, Mo./Central H.S.
- Three-star recruit according to Rivals.com and 247Sports.com
- 2015 Carr Trophy recipient
- Three-time First-Team All-State selection at Cape Central High School
- Set 12 school records
- Named the 2014 All-Southeast Missourian Football Player of the Year
- Received the 2014 SEMOBall Awards Offensive Football Player of the Year and Male Athlete of the Year awards
- Accumulated 992 rushing yards, 771 receiving yards and 27 touchdowns, averaging 8.4 rushing yards per carry as a senior
- Finished prep career with 2,635 receiving yards and 38 receiving touchdowns, both school records
- Holds Cape Central records for single-season touchdowns, receiving touchdowns, yards per catch, points scored and interceptions; career marks for receiving touchdowns, total TDs, receiving yards, yards per catch and points scored; the longest interception return for a touchdown, longest TD catch and most TDs in a single game
- Among state leaders in career punt return yards, yards per catch and all-purpose yards
- Led the Tigers to three-straight state semifinals for the first time and the program's only state championship appearance
- Set multiple records during his first sophomore year, his first as a starter
- Broke Central's single-season record for receiving yardage
- Missouri, Nebraska, Purdue, Kansas, Michigan State, Oregon, Missouri State and Wyoming were other schools that showed interest
- Member of Cape Central's basketball team which is currently on an 11-game winning streak and owns an overall 14-4 record
- Recently scored 29 points in the Tigers' SEMO Conference opener at Poplar Bluff on Jan. 29, 2016
Mike Brown - C - 6'4" - 300 lbs. - Seffner, Fla./Armwood H.S.
- Two-year starting center at Armwood High School in Seffner, Florida
- Led his team to a combined 29-2 record and back-to-back runner-up finishes at the Florida Class 6A State Championship his junior and senior seasons
- Played his freshman and sophomore years at Tampa Bay Tech
Bydarrius Knighten - DB - 6'1" - 175 lbs. - Tunica, Miss./Rosa Fort H.S.
- Tallied 52 tackles, had three interceptions and one fumble recovery as a senior at Rosa Fort High School
- Averaged 4.7 tackles per game
- Had 65 interception return yards
- Caught 17 passes for 299 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 17.6 yards per catch
- Two-time Offensive Player of the Game his senior year
Corey Brown - DL - 6'2" - 295 lbs. - Columbus, Miss./Columbus H.S./Northwest Mississippi CC
- Played two seasons at Northwest Mississippi Community College
- Earned MACJC All-State and First-Team All-Conference honors
- MACJC North Most Valuable Player as a defensive lineman
- Finished the 2015 season with 25 tackles, seven tackles for loss, two sacks, nine quarterback hurries, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and a blocked kick
- Two-time All-State and All-Region selection
- Played in the Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game
Brandt Selesky - FB - 6'0" - 255 lbs. - Trussville, Ala./Hewitt-Trussville H.S.
- Transitioned from center to left tackle as a senior at Hewitt-Trussville High School
- Earned All-Tribune Football honors in multiple seasons
- Named to the Trussville Tribune All-Area Team
- Did not allow a sack in eight games at left tackle as a senior
Camden Boyle - LS - 6'0" - 220 lbs. - Lake Zurich, Ill./Lake Zurich H.S.
- Started four years as long snapper at Lake Zurich High School
- Played three other positions, including running back, linebacker and offensive line in his high school career
- Played third base and catcher for the baseball team
Katie Lever - FW - Fort Campbell, Ky.
Maddie Gleeson - GK - Springfield, Ill.
Jennifer Brien - FW - Oregon, Wis.
Lexie Hacker - D - St Peters, Mo.
Esmeralda Gonzales - FW - Fort Worth, Tx.
Cassidi Tomsu - Jackson, Mo.
Maria Salm - D - Grafton, Wis.
For full signing day coverage of incoming Southeast Missouri State University athletes, click here to visit the school website.
Victor Abraham II - S - 6'3" - 195 lbs. - Dearbord, Mich./Plymouth HS
- Honorable mention All-State honoree
- Also earned All-West, All-Conference and All-Area honors in senior season
- Team captain...Recorded 64 tackles and four interceptions on defense
- Also played receiver and had 40 receptions for 746 yards
- Also played basketball and track and field
Jordan Berner - DL - 6'5" - 230 lbs. - Chester, Ill./Chester HS
- All-State honoree
- Two-time All-South selection and two-time team MVP
- Named his conference's Player of the Year in 2014 and 2015
- Recorded 310 career tackles on defense and intercepted nine passes
- Holds school records for interceptions in a season (7), interceptions in a career (9) and tackles in a career (310)
- Caught 43 career passes for 934 yards and nine touchdowns
- Also scored five rushing touchdowns and threw for another as a senior in 2015-16
Sam Bonansinga - WR - 5'11" - 180 lbs. - Springfield, Ill./Sacred Heart-Griffin
- ?First-team All-State selection by the coaches association as a senior
- Two-time All-Conference selection
- Recorded 56 catches, 1,034 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior
- Team won back-to-back state championships in his sophomore and junior seasons
- Also played defense and had 47 tackles and three interceptions as a senior
- Ended his career with 110 catches for 1,950 yards and 30 touchdowns
- Father (SIU and Purdue) and grandfather (Illinois State) both played Division I football
Qua Brown - S - 5'11" - 185 lbs. - DeLand, Fla./University HS
- 2015 Florida Class 8A All-State selection by the Associated Press
- Named Central Florida All-Star game MVP
- Two-time All-Area selection
- Two-star prospect by Rivals.com
- Had four interceptions in a single game as a senior (school record)
- Had 73 tackles, five tackles for loss and six interceptions as a senior in 2015
Devin Brunetti - OL - 6'2" - 285 lbs. - Scottsdale, Ariz./Saguaro HS/Mesa CC
- Team captain and Impact Newcomer of the Year as a freshman at Mesa
- Team captain and first-team All-Conference as a sophomore at Mesa in 2015
- Will have two seasons of eligibility remaining
Jaylin Carter - TE - 6'4" - 245 lbs. - Wheaton, Ill./Wheaton-Warrenville
- Recorded 38 receptions for 406 yards and 10 touchdowns as a senior
- Two-year starter
- Team advanced to the Class 7A playoffs
- Also threw the shot put for the track and field team
James Ceasar, Jr. - CB - 5'11" - 180 lbs. - Detroit, Mich./East English Village HS
- Two-time All-City honoree
- Team defensive back of the year in 2014
- Had 40 tackles, five interceptions and one defensive touchdown as a senior
- Scored 10 total touchdowns on offense
- Also played track and basketball
Jeremy Chinn - CB - 6'2" - 185 lbs. - Fishers, Ind./Fishers HS
- All-State honoree as a senior by Associated Press and the coaches association
- All-Metro Super Team defensive back by the Indianapolis Star in 2015
- First-team All-County and All-Conference defensive back as a senior
- Team defensive MVP in 2015
- Set school records for interceptions in a season, interception return yards in a season and interceptions in a career
- Had seven career interceptions and four in his senior season
- Also played running back, where he averaged 6.9 yards on 101 carries
Matt Chmielewski - OL - 6'4" - 300 lbs. - Lockport, Ill./Lockport HS
- Honorable mention All-State selection in 2015
- Earned first-team All-Area honors as a senior in 2015 by the Joliet Herald News
- Two-time first-team All-Conference honoree (SouthWest Suburban Blue)
- Two-time Academic All-State selection
- Two-time team offensive lineman of the year
- Helped key Lockport's rushing attack that gained more than 1,000 yards
- Also competed in track and field, where he qualified for the state meet in the shot put
ZeVeyon Furcron - DL - 6'1" - 310 lbs. - Crest Hill, Ill./Joliet Catholic HS
- Two-time All-Conference honoree
- All-State special mention honoree by the Chicago Tribune in 2015
Nico Gualdoni - K/P - 6'0" - 220 lbs. - Johnston City, Ill./Johnston City HS
- Two-time All-Conference and honorable mention All-State honoree
- 2015 team MVP
- Averaged 41.6 yards per punt and had a touchback rate of 81.8 percent on kickoffs
- Also played running back and outside linebacker in high school
- Scored three rushing touchdowns, kicked two field goals and one PAT to account for all 26 points in a 26-14 win over Fairfield in the playoffs
- Rushed for 518 yards and 16 touchdown
Jhakari Harrison - QB - 6'1" - 180 lbs. - Coconut Creek, Fla./Coconut Creek HS
- Three-star prospect by 247sports.com
- Rated the a top-50 dual threat quarterback nationally by 247sports.com
- Three star prospect by Rivals.com
- Two-star prospect by Scout.com
- Set a county record with eight touchdown passes in the last game of his career
- Combined to throw and run for more than 100 touchdowns in his career
Malik Haynes - DL - 6'0" - 300 lbs. - Chicago, Ill./Al Raby HS
- First-team All-Conference honoree by the Chicago Sun-Times in 2015
- Three-time All-Conference honoree...Two-time All-City honoree
- Two-time team MVP
- As a senior, led Raby to first playoff win in school history
- Had 90 tackles, 20 tackles for loss and five sacks
- Also blocked two punts and scored two defensive touchdowns
Craig James - CB - 5'10" - 195 lbs. - Edwardsville, Ill./Edwardsville HS/Minnesota
- Played two seasons at Minnesota
- Played as a true freshman in 2014
- Played in 18 games in the secondary and as a punt returner
- Served as the primary punt returner for the Golden Gophers in both seasons
- Three-star recruit by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports
- ESPN ranked him as the No. 27 player in Illinois, while 247Sports had him at No. 32
- The No. 48 defensive back in the nation according to ESPN, No. 69 by 247Sports and No. 80 by Scout
Hayden LaPointe - OL - 6'5" - 275 lbs. - DeKalb, Ill./DeKalb HS
- Two-time first-team All-Conference honoree
- Two-time first-team All-Area honoree from the Daily Chronicle
- Team captain
- Helped DeKalb advance to the Class 6A quarterfinals in 2015, the longest playoff run for the school in 35 years
- 2014 team won the program's first conference title since 1989
Landon Lenoir - WR - 6'1" - 180 lbs. - Crete, Ill./Crete-Monee HS
- Part of Crete-Monee program that won 34-straight conference games
- Team was Illinois Class 6A state runner-up in 2015
- Averaged 14.2 yards on 43 catches with four touchdowns as a senior
- Caught a touchdown in Crete-Monee's 40-37 Class 6A semifinal win to help send the team to the state championship game
- Brother, Lance, plays at Western Illinois and holds the school record for career touchdowns
- Cousin of NFL draft prospect Laquon Treadwell
- Ranked as a top-15 wide receiver in the state of Illinois
Bryce Notree - LB - 6'4" - 210 lbs. - Arlington, Texas/Lamar HS
- Two-star prospect by Scout.com
- Has a 6-9 wingspan
- Voted All-District defensive end by district coaches in 2014 and 2015
- Had 96 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, three interceptions and two forced fumbles
Blake Parzych - DL - 6'3" - 260 lbs. - Minooka, Ill./Minooka HS
- Two-time All-Area, team MVP and All-Conference selection
- Earned Academic All-State honors in 2015
- Invited to play in the Blue-Grey All-American bowl
- Racked up 45 tackles for loss and 16.5 sacks in his final two high school seasons
Clay Rendleman - RB - 5'8" - 205 lbs. - Murphysboro, Ill./Murphysboro HS
- Two-time Academic All-State honoree
- Two-time All-State, All-Conference and All-South running back
- Ran for 2,490 rushing yards and 36 touchdowns
- Ran for more than 1,000 yards in both his junior and senior seasons
- Averaged 8.3 yards per carry
Josh Straughan - QB - 6'3" - 205 lbs. - Colton, Wash./Colton HS/Stillman
- Played at Stillman College (Division II)
- Played in 24 games, completing 468 passes for 5,470 yards and 53 touchdowns
- Earned All-Conference recognition in 2014
- Was a preseason All-American in 2015, but did not play while rehabbing from an injury
- Graduated in December 2015 with a bachelor's degree in health sciences (3.98 GPA)
- Earned 2014-15 SIAC All-Academic Team honors
- Played eight-man football in high school, as well as basketball and baseball
- Threw for more than 11,600 yards in high school with 141 touchdowns
- 2011 All-State honoree in Washington
Kyron Watson - LB - 6'0" - 235 lbs. - East St. Louis, Ill./East St. Louis HS/Kansas
- Played in 15 games over two seasons at Kansas
- Made 10 tackles, 1.0 TFL and recovered a fumble
- Rated a four-star prospect out of high school by ESPN.com
- ESPN rated him the ninth-best outside linebacker, fifth-best player in the state of Illinois and the 13th-best player in the Midlands region in the class of 2014
- Selected to play in the Semper Fidelis All-American game
- A two-time all-state, all-metro and all-conference performer
- Set a school record for single-season tackles with 165 stops in 2013
- Recorded 21 tackles in a game as senior, setting the school single-game tackling mark
- Also had 9.0 sacks and three interceptions in 2013
- Tallied 142 tackles, 5.0 sacks and three interceptions as a junior
Mason Wilfong - WR - 6'3" - 200 lbs. - Palm City, Fla./John Carroll HS
- Two-time honorable mention Class 3A All-State selection in Florida
- Caught 64 passes for 930 yards and nine touchdowns in 2015
- Caught 138 career receptions for 1,715 yards and 17 touchdowns
- Earned All-East Coast Region Elite Second Team by FloridaHSFootball.com as a junior and senior
- Two-time team offensive player of the year
- Caught 69 passes for 744 yards and five touchdowns as a junior
- Named to FloridaHSFootball.com East Coach Region Super 16 team prior to senior season
For full signing day coverage of incoming Southern Illinois University athletes, click here to visit the school website.
Chris Stahl - DL - 6'2" - 285 lbs. - St. Louis, Mo./St. Louis University HS
Stahl is coming off of a great senior season for University HS, in which he racked up 100 tackles and six sacks. His accomplishments were well recognized as he was both a first-team St. Louis All-Metro and a first-team All-Missouri Class 6 selection. Stahl's senior season, while an improvement, was no fluke, as he tallied 61 tackles in 2014 as a junior.
Jonathan Moss - WR - 6'0" - 165 lbs. - Madison, Ala./Bob Jones HS
Moss has been a standout at Bob Jones since his middle school days and is currently a two-sport star for the Patriots. Like his older brother and current Racer men's basketball player, Jeff, Jonathan plays both football and basketball, but Jonathan has chosen to play football at Murray State. Moss was a key player in Bob Jones' 2015 season that included a Class 7A Region 4 title. In the Patriot's win over seventh-ranked Buckhorn, Moss came down with a 32-yard touchdown in the end zone during the second quarter that would go on to be the game-winner.
Kameron Petty - DL - 6'2" - 290 lbs. - New Market, Ala./Buckhorn HS
For the second straight season, a Buckhorn defensive lineman will come to Murray State, as Petty joins Silas Owens as a Racer. Petty is a two-star rated prospect by all three major recruiting services. He is coming off of a 41 tackle, four sack season in which he earned honorable mention All-Huntsville Region honors.
Nick Collins - WR- 5'7" - 185 lbs. - Columbia, Mo./Rock Bridge HS
Collins is coming off a very successful senior campaign at Rock Bridge for which he earned All-Area honors from the Columbia Daily Tribune. The two-time All-District selection had 921 yards on the ground and eight touchdowns during his senior season. As a receiver, he added an additional 306 yards and three scores.
Andre Davis - DB - 5'11" - 175 lbs. - Lexington, Ky./Bryan Station HS
Davis was a stand-out quarterback for Bryan Station, who will play defensive back for the Racers. In 2014, he led Kentucky Class 6A with an astounding 2,390 yards. In his final two seasons for the Defenders, he was 300-for-489 for 4,720 yards with 62 touchdowns and just 13 interceptions
Kerry Benton - DL - 6'1" - 265 lbs. - St. Louis, Mo./Clayton HS
Benton just finished up a four-year career in which helped lead Clayton to the playoffs in 2015. He ended his career with a 128 tackles, including a team-high 51 in his sophomore season. Benton was an All-Conference selection in both 2013 and 2014 and also amassed 12 sacks over his four years as a Greyhound.
Eli Oltean - QB - 6'2" - 190 lbs. - St. Joseph, Ill./St. Joseph-Ogden HS
Oltean was a key factor in St. Joseph-Oden's undefeated 2015 regular season and run to the state semi-finals. Through three seasons for the Spartans, he was 223-for-404 for 3,394 yards and 45 touchdowns. After tossing 27 touchdown passes and just two picks in the regular season in 2015, he earned second team All-Area honors.
Ernest Kenty - S - 6'2" - 205 lbs. - Birmingham, Ala./Ramsay HS
Kenty, a two-star rated prospect by all-three major recruiting services, has been an key component in resurrecting a football program that was dormant for over 35 years until 2012. In 2015, he helped lead the Rams to their second playoff berth in as many seasons, as well as 17 wins over that same span. One of the best examples of what Kenty can do came in his game against Carver when he racked up eight tackles and returned an interception 99-yards for a touchdown.
Quindarius Coles - DL - 6'4" - 250 lbs. - McCalla, Ala./McAdory HS
Coles is coming off of an excellent senior season in which he helped guide his team to the second round of the Class 6A playoffs. He played a key part in the Yellowjackets 10-2 season and was on a defense that allowed just 16.1 points per game.
Ethan Burbank - OL - 6'3" - 270 lbs. - Florence, Ala./Florence HS
Burbank will largely be remembered as part of one of the most successful teams in school history in 2014. That year, the Falcons won 11 games, a region title and went to the state semi-finals, and that success was in part due to Burbank. He played on an offensive line that specialized in pass protection, protecting a quarterback that passed for over 2,000 yards on the year.
Cam Carter - OL - 6'6" - 280 lbs. - Adamsville, Ala./Minor HS
Carter helped the Tigers to an 8-5 record in 2015 and a trip to the state quarterfinals. He also features for the Minor basketball team where notched multiple double-doubles this season.
Nigel Walton - DB - 6'0" - 170 lbs. - Atlanta, Ga./Carver HS
Walton is coming off of an outstanding senior year in the Carver secondary. He racked up 53 total tackles in 2015, averaging 4.8 per game. In addition, he had two interceptions for 90 yards of return and nine pass deflections. For his efforts, he was named to the 6-AAAAA Div. B All-Region first team.
Mareio McGraw - WR - 6'0" - 180 lbs. - Nashville, Tenn./Overton HS
After three consecutive seasons of losing in the Class 1A semi-finals, McGraw helped Nashville Christian get over the hump and win a state title in 2015. A three-star rated player by 247Sports and Scout, he is currently ranked as the 44th best athlete and second-best corner back in the state of Tennessee. McGraw, now of Overton High school, had 114 rushing yards and two touchdowns, including a 66-yard run, in the state title game and after the season was named as the region's Skill Player of the Year.
Robert Adams - LB - 6'2" - 230 lbs. - Tuscaloosa, Ala./Northridge HS
Adams was a highly-successful two-way player for Northridge at both linebacker and tight end. Following the 2015 season, he earned West Alabama All-Star honors from the Tuscaloosa News. In the Jaguars' season opener against Etowah, Adams sealed the 13-6 win for his team when came up with an interception with just 1:29 left in the game.
Derrick Shaw - LB - 6'1" - 240 lbs. - Alabaster, Ala./Thompson HS
Shaw is a speedy, gifted linebacker from Thompson HS, who runs the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds and has a 36-inch vertical. The linebacker came-up with multiple sacks and hurries this season, thanks to his speed and agility. Shaw is also a two-sport star for the Warriors, playing in Thompson's front court in basketball, as well.
Tyre Gray - WR - 5'10" - 170 lbs. - Alexander City, Ala./Benjamin Russell HS
A dual-threat quarterback, Gray for all intents and purposes was the offense for the Wildcats over the past three seasons with over 1400 yards passing and 3000 yards rushing. A 6A ASWA first-team All-State selection in 2015, he earned the honor by passing for 617 yards and six touchdowns and rushing for a whopping 1,848 yards to go along with an astounding 31 touchdowns. The 1,800-plus yards in 2015 marks the second straight season in which Gray, a two-star rated athlete by Scout, rushed for over 1,000 yards.
Rajai Perkins - WR - 6'0" - 187 lbs. - St. Louis, Mo./Hazlewood East HS
Perkins is a two-sport star from Hazlewood East in St. Louis, excelling in both football and track. In his junior and senior seasons he earned back-to-back first-team All-Suburban XII North Conference honors. In 2014, Perkins had 500 yards on 31 catches and 12 touchdowns, which was followed by 413 yards on 27 catches. In just two seasons, he totaled over 900 yards and averaged 15.7 yards per reception.
Korey Tillman - DL - 6'2" - 270 lbs. - Murfreesboro, Tenn./Blackman HS
Tillman is coming off of a terrific senior year at Blackman HS that saw him earn first-team Class 6A All-State honors from the TSWA. He recorded 42 tackles in 2015 including 3.5 sacks and 15.0 tackles-for-loss. The Rivals two-star recruit's performance last season was no fluke, as the year prior he earned All-District honor by tallying 37 tackles and 3.0 sacks.
D'Vaughn Whitt - S - 5'10" - 175 lbs. - Clarksville, Tenn./Clarksville HS
Witt has been a stalwart in the Clarksville secondary over the past two seasons, earning post-season accolades in each. In 2014, he tallied 67 total tackles and two picks and earned All-District honors for his efforts. In 2015, Whitt was named to the Clarksville All-Area team after he had 46 tackles, 12 of which were for loss, one sack and one interception.
Matthew McClellan - DL - 6'5" - 215 lbs. - St. Charles, Mo./Francis Howell HS
McClellan is fresh off of a breakout senior season in which he helped lead Francis Howell to the Class 6 quarterfinals. He racked up 61 tackles last season, including 41 solo and 15 yards of loss. In addition, McClellan added two sacks and two fumble recoveries on the season. For his efforts, he was named as a first-team All-Gateway Athletics South selection.
Steven Clemmons - OL - 6'4" - 295 lbs. - Lewisburg, Tenn./Marshall County HS
Clemons helped the Tigers to a near perfect regular-season in which they went 10-1. He served on an offensive line that helped score 588 points on the season for an average of 53.5 points per game.
Sylvaughn Turner - WR - 6'2" - 170 lbs. - Athens, Ala./East Limestone HS
A two-star recruit by 247Sports.com, Turner averaged 23 yards per catch in 2015 on his way to the second ASWA 5A All-State selection of his career. As a receiver, he had four touchdowns 412 yards and 21 catches, while rushing for 313 on 43 carries with five touchdowns. The offense did not stop there for Turner in his senior season, as he also racked up 474 return yards with another four touchdowns.
Sterling Taylor - WR - 6'0" - 190 lbs. - Morrow, Ga./Morrow HS/Contra Costa
After a standout career at Morrow HS in Georgia, Taylor played two years for the Comets of Contra Costa. Over his two-year career, the mid-year enrollee amassed 826 yards on 63 catches with eight touchdowns. The 2015 season served as a breakout season for Taylor, as he hauled in seven touchdowns to go along with 481 yards.
Marcus Meredith - S - 5'11" - 190 lbs. - San Clemente, Calif./San Clemente HS/Saddleback CC
Meredith capped a great two-year career at Saddleback CC by helping lead them to the 2015 CCCAA title game, in which he led the team with nine tackles. In 2015, the first-team CCCAA All-American racked up 86 tackles to finish fourth in his league and 17th in the CCCAA and had a team-high 11 break-ups, which was third in the conference and 14th in the CCCAA. On top of his tackles and break-ups in 2015, the two-star rated prospect by Rivals and Scout, who is already enrolled at Murray State, had 5.0 tackles-for-loss, three forced fumbles and two interceptions.
Ryan Rainey - OL - 6'1" - 295 lbs. - Saucier, Miss./Harrison Central HS/Pearl River CC
After earning All-Conference honor during his senior season at Harrison Central HS, Rainey went on to play two years at nearby Pearl River CC where he was a two year starter. While playing for the Wildcats, the January MSU enrollee was the recipient of the school's prestigious Dobie Holden Memorial Scholarship. After a senior season, in which he helped lead PRCC to an upset of top-ranked Copiah Lincoln, Rainey earned a spot in the MACJC All-Star Game.
Marico Paige - LB - 6'1" - 220 lbs. - Wesson, Miss./Lake Cormorant HS/Copiah Lincoln CC
Paige comes to Murray State after a great two-year for Copiah-Lincoln, where he racked up 69 total tackles and four sacks for a loss of 22 yards. In 2015, he helped lead the Wolfpack to a No. 1 national ranking for four weeks of the regular season and finished the year with 43 solo tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. For his accomplishments during the 2015 season, the January MSU enrollee was named second-team All-State by the MACJC. Prior to playing at Co-Lin, Paige had a great career at Lake Cormorant High School where he was named to the Best of the Preps Mississippi/Arkansas team by Memphis' Commercial Appeal.
Zach Wade - S - 5'11" - 215 lbs. - Newport Beach, Calif./Newport Harbor HS/Saddleback CC
Wade played two years for Saddleback CC where he racked up over 100 tackles in his career and helped lead his team to the CCCAA title game in his sophomore season. In 2015, the mid-year enrollee led the National Southern Conference with 129 total tackles and finished eighth in all of the CCCAA, on his way to second-team All-Conference honors. In addition to his tackles, Wade, a two-star recruit according to Rivals, racked up 4.0 tackles for a loss of 13 yards for the Gauchos to go along with four breakups, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and two interceptions.
Dee Nalls - DL - 6'4" - 305 lbs. - Fayette, Ala./Fayette County HS
The three-star rated recruit by all three major recruiting services is already enrolled at MSU and ready to make an impact. While primarily known as an offensive guard, he was ranked as one of the top 100 in the nation by Scout, he will be on the defensive line at Murray State. He capped an incredible career at Fayette County HS in 2015 by helping the Tigers to Class 4A title game appearance. Following the season, he was named as a first-team All-Class 4A selection by the ASWA.
Avery Edwards – McCracken County High School – Paducah, Ky.
Austin Knight – Hopkinsville High School – Hopkinsville, Ky.
Cole Manion – Grayson County High School – Clarkson, Ky.
Justin Wendling – Newsome High School – Lithia, Fla.
For full coverage of incoming Murray State University athletes, click here to visit the school website.
Dominic Collins - WR - 6'2" - 175 lbs. - Fullerton, Calif./Saddleback C.C.
Trystan Castillo - OL - 6'4" - 295 lbs. - Webb City, Mo./Webb City HS
Markell Utsey - DL - 6'4" - 285 lbs. - Little Rock, Ark./Parkview HS
Micah Wilson - QB - 6'3" - 205 lbs. - Tulsa, Okla./Lincoln Christian
Greg Taylor - S - 5'10" 200 lbs. - East St. Louis, Ill./Hinds C.C.
Christian Holmes - CB - 6'1" - 182 lbs. - Atlanta, Ga./McNair HS
Damarea Crockett - RB - 5'11" - 212 lbs. - Little Rock, Ark./Little Rock Christian HS
Cale Garrett - LB - 6'3" - 225 lbs. - Kearney, Mo./Kearney HS
Albert Okwuegbunam - TE - 6'5" - 225 lbs. - Springfield, Ill./Sacred Heart Griffin HS
Jerod Alton - CB - 5'10" - 180 lbs. - Kirkwood, Mo./Kirkwood HS
DeMarkus Acy - S - 6'2" - 183 lbs. - Dallas, Texas/Wilmer-Hutchins HS
Tre Williams - DL - 6'5" - 235 lbs. - Columbia, Mo./Rock Bridge HS
Tre'vour Simms - OL - 6'5" - 300 lbs. - East St. Louis, Ill./East St. Louis HS
Brendan Scales - TE - 6'4" - 235 lbs. - Wildwood, Mo/Lafayette HS
Trey Baldwin - LB - 6'2" - 240 lbs. - Houston, Texas/Cypress Falls HS
Chris Black - WR - 6'0" - 192 lbs. - Jacksonville, Fla./Alabama
Tyler Howell - OL - 6'8" - 305 lbs. - Bonner Springs, Kan./Butler C.C.
Tucker McCann - K - 6'0" - 185 lbs. - O'Fallon, Ill./O'Fallon HS
Nate Strong - RB - 6'0" - 211 lbs. - East St. Louis, Ill./Hinds CC
Dimetrios Mason - ATH - 6'0" - 170 lbs. - Loganville, Ga./Grayson HS
James Hornbuckle-Smith - DL - 6'4" - 235 lbs. - Murray, Ky./Murray H.S. - Signed with Duke University
Zyaire Hughes - ATH - 6'1" - 190 lbs. - McCracken County, Ky./McCracken County H.S. - Signed with the University of Kentucky
Wells Purdom - OL - 6'2" - 304 lbs. - McCracken County, Ky./McCracken County H.S. - Signed with the University of Kentucky
Jack Moreland - LB - 6'1" - 235 lbs. - McCracken County, Ky./McCracken County H.S. - Signed with the University of Kentucky
Britt Harris - ILB - 6'0" - 205 lbs. - Kennett, Mo./Kennett H.S. - Signed with Southeast Missouri State University
Nick Thompson - ILB - 5'11" - 235 lbs. - Malden, Mo./Malden H.S. - Signed with Southeast Missouri State University
Al Young - WR - 6'0" - 185 lbs. - Cape Girardeau, Mo./Central H.S. - Signed with Southeast Missouri State University
Jordan Berner - DL - 6'5" - 230 lbs. - Chester, Ill./Chester HS - Signed with Southern Illinois University
Nico Gualdoni - K/P - 6'0" - 220 lbs. - Johnston City, Ill./Johnston City HS - Signed with Southern Illinois University
Clay Rendleman - RB - 5'8" - 205 lbs. - Murphysboro, Ill./Murphysboro HS - Signed with Southern Illinois University
Cassidi Tomsu - Jackson, Mo. - Signed with Southeast Missouri State University
Keely Barnes - McCracken County, Ky/ McCracken County H.S. - Signed with Rend Lake College
Avery Edwards - Paducah, Ky./McCracken County High School - Signed with Murray State University
Austin Knight - Hopkinsville, Ky./Hopkinsville High School - Signed with Murray State University
Lexis Garner - Advance, Mo./Advance H.S. - Signed with Missouri Baptist University