CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) - Starting in February, Southern Illinois University will feature films from African directors.
The "African Film Series" will showcase five different films from contemporary directors from Africa.
It starts Feb. 11 as a part of the university's Black History Month events.
All the screenings are free and open to the public.
Every screening will provide free soda and popcorn. Here's a look at the schedule:
- February 11 - "The Mirror Boy" by Obi Emeloney.
- February 18 - "Keita: Heritage of the Griot," by Dani Kouyate
- March 10 - "The Figurine (Araromire)," by Kunle Afrolayan
- April 14 - "Karmen Gei," by Joseph Gai Ramaka
- May 12 -"Yeelen," by Souleymane Cisse
For more information, contact Jay Needham at email@example.com.