CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) - Members of the Responsible Budget Coalition will deliver a report describing the "State of our State" at a news conference on Tuesday. a
This is the day before Governor Bruce Rauner's State of the State Address.
According to the coalition, Gov. Rauner has talked with Illinois residents about his Turnaround Agenda for months, discussing five priorities that need to be addressed in order to increase jobs and grow the economy.
The coalition says these priorities include lawsuit reform, municipal bankruptcy, a property tax freeze bucket, term limits and redistricting, and workers compensation.
Members of the Coalition say the Governor and General Assembly have failed to put a budget first that chooses revenue, which they say has weakened southern Illinois families and communities.
Families and local leaders will discuss working families and the economy, communities and public safety, seniors and those with disabilities, children and youth, and women and public health.
The following people will address these issues:
- Mike Henry, Mayor of Carbondale
- Brandi Husch, Student Trustee, John A. Logan College
- Miriam Link-Mullison, Director, Jackson County Health Department
- Jesslyn Jobe, Healthy Families Coordinator, Shawnee Health Service
- Shanikka Love, mother in the Healthy Families program
- Jennier Basten, mother in the Healthy Families program
- Randy Osborn, Executive Director, Boys & Girls Club of Carbondale
The meeting will start at 11:30 a.m. at the Carbondale City Hall in Room 103.
To learn more information about the Responsible Budget Coalition, click here.