(KFVS) - In preparation for the upcoming snow and ice, some Heartland communities have announced their snow routes.
City officials in Jackson, Mo. have lifted the snow route proclamation as of noon on Wednesday, Jan. 20.
In accordance with the ordinance, parking any motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or other object is prohibited on the following snow route streets within the city when a proclamation is in effect:
- Broadridge Drive - From Orchard Dr. to W. Independence St.
- Farming Road (North) - From W. Main St. to city limit
- Farmington Road (South) - From W. Main St. to city limit
- Greensferry Road - From N. Hope St. to city limit
- High Street (North) (Hwy. 61) - From Washington St. to city limit
- Hope Street (North) (Hwy. 61) - From Main St. to Greensferry Rd.
- Hope Street (South) (Hwy. 25) - From Main St. to city limit
- Independence Street (West) (Rt. D) - From N. High St. to city limit
- Interstate 55 - All
- Jackson Blvd. (East) (Hwy. 61) - From S. Hope St. to city limit
- Jackson Blvd. (West) (Hwy. 34/72) - From S. Hope St. to city limit
- Main Street (East) - From Hope St. to city limit (Except any portion inside boundaries of Jackson Uptown Historic Dist.)
- Main Street (West) - From Hope St. to W. Jackson Blvd. (Except any portion inside boundaries of Jackson Uptown Historic Dist.)
- Oak Hill Road (North) - From E. Main St. to Oak Ridge Dr.
- Oak Ridge Drive - From N. Oak Hill Rd. to Ridge Rd.
- Old Orchard Road (South) - From E. Jackson Blvd. to E. Main St.
- Orchard Drive - From N. West Ln. to Broadridge Dr.
- Ridge Road - From N. Shawnee Blvd. to Oak Ridge Dr.
- Shawnee Boulevard (North) - From E. Main St. to Ridge Rd.
- Shawnee Boulevard (South) - From E. Main St. to E. Jackson Blvd.
- Washington Street (East) (Hwy. 61) - From N. Hope St. to N. High St.
- West Lane (North) - From W. Jackson Blvd. to Orchard Dr.
Streets that are not designated as snow routes will be cleared according to the protocol established by the Street Department.
According to officials, since the major streets in Jackson are a combination of state and city roads, drivers will see both the Missouri Department of Transportation and the city crews plowing snow.
For more information, you can call the Public Works Department at 573-243-2300 or the Street Department at 243-8280.
Within the next 24 hours, starting on Tuesday morning, Jan. 19, all Murphysboro residents who have vehicles parked on snow routes are asked to move them as soon as possible.
The Murphysboro Street Department will begin clearing these routes as soon as the snow begins to fall.
Any vehicle parked in a designated snow route zone, within 12 hours after a snowfall of 3 inches or more, shall be towed away at the owner's expense.
A list of primary snow routes in the City of Murphysboro include:
- Walnut Street in its entirety
- North 11th Street from Walnut St. to North 14th St.
- North 6th St. from Lucier St. to 2nd St.
- State Route 13 from Walnut St. to Industrial Park Road
- Business State Route 13 from Walnut St. to Bridge St.
- 10th St. from Mulberry St. to Hanson St.
- 22nd St. from Illinois Ave. to Division St.
- Division St. from 22nd St. to 23rd St.
- 23rd Street from Illinois Ave. to Division St.
- Commercial Ave. from 23rd St. to the Water Treatment Plant
- Commercial Ave. from 20th St. to 23rd St.
- Shoemaker Drive from 20th St. to Bridge St.
- Bridge Street from its intersection with Shoemaker Drive to Walnut St. via 8th St.
- Illinois Ave. from 6th St. to 22nd St.
- Gartside St. from 14th St. to 22nd St.
- 20th St. from Illinois Ave. to the southern limits of the city
- 16th St. from Walnut St. to Harry Ray Drive
- 7th St. from Lucier St. to Walnut St.