(KFVS) - Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster announced his support for more than $500,000 in disaster-relief funds from the Missouri Housing Development Commission.
The money will help assist families across Missouri whose homes were damaged or destroyed by recent flooding.
The allocation specifically called for the allocation of otherwise unused or uncommitted MDHC funds to be directed for immediate flood relief, and it passed unanimously.
The organizations set to receive the relief funds include:
- People's Community Action Corporation - St. Louis City
- Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc. - St. Louis County
- Jefferson Franklin Community Action Corporation - Jefferson and Franklin Counties
- North East Community Action Corporation - Lincoln, Montgomery, Warren, Pike and St. Charles Counties
- Economic Security Corporation of Southwest Area - McDonald, Newton, Jasper and Barton Counties
- Delta Area Economic Opportunity Corporation - Scott county
- East Missouri Action Agency - Cape Girardeau and Ste. Genevieve Counties
- South Central Missouri Community Action Agency - Ripley, Butler, Carter, Dent, Reynolds, Shannon and Wayne Counties
In addition, Koster's Consumer Protection Division is participating in a series of resource centers in eastern and southeastern Missouri, providing resource materials with tips to help consumers recover from flooding and to avoid becoming victims of scams.