(KFVS) - With the lottery now up to $700 million, people are buying up tickets for a chance to win big.
While hopes are high, according to Amram Shapiro, strategic statistician and author of "The Book of Odds," there are 10 things more likely to occur than winning the lottery.
Those things include:
- Dying from an asteroid strike - 1 in 74,817,414
- Getting killed by a terrorist act in the United States - 1 in 10,000,000
- Getting murdered during a trip to the Grand Canyon - 1 in 8,156,000
- Dying from chronic constipation - 1 in 2,215,900
- Becoming a movie star - 1 in 1,505,000
- Getting struck by lightning - 1 in 1,101,000
- Dying from a hornet, wasp or bee sting - 1 in 79,842
- Bowling a 300 game - 1 in 11,500
- Being the same height as actor Hugh Jackman, who is 6'2" - 1 in 23.3
- Becoming disabled, disfigured or killed by a parasite - 1 in 7.2