CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - A handful of Missouri agencies will be participating in a Multi-Agency Resource Center on Friday, January 8 to help residents in Cape Girardeau and Scott Counties with disaster assistance.
In a MARC, agencies, including faith-based agencies, volunteer and non-profit groups, team up to provide a one-stop shop for residents experiencing multiple needs as a result of a disaster.
The MARC will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday at the Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope Street in Cape Girardeau.
Those affected by flooding and attending MARC should bring proof that their home was in an affected area, such as a driver license showing a current address, or mail sent to their home.
The following organizations will be among those participating in the MARC with the information and services indicated:
- SEMO Red Cross - Caseworkers, nurses and mental health counselors to provide assistance
- The Salvation Army - Clean up kits and more
- Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri - Disaster care management for long-term recovery needs and home repair
- University of Missouri Extension - Educational information on proper clean up and mold remediation
- East Missouri Action Agency - Sheltering
- Local Public Health Departments - Tetanus shots and other public health needs
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) - Medicaid, adult protective services
- Missouri DSS Family Support Division - Food stamp replacement request forms
- Missouri Department of Insurance - Explain homeowner, renters and auto policies; navigate the claims process; provide insurance-related materials; provide contact information for the National Flood Insurance Program
- Missouri Attorney General's Office - Tips for selecting reputable contractors, avoiding price gouging, protecting personal information from identity fraud and other scams even after natural disasters
- Love INC - Personal hygiene kits
- Community Caring Council - Homeless services
- 211 - 24/7 help line and other info. on hand
- Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief - Identifying needs for cleanup and other assistance
If you have any questions about MARC, you can call Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri's Cape Girardeau offices at 573-335-0134.