(KFVS) - For the second-straight year Jacksonville State was picked as the preseason favorite in the Ohio Valley Conference.
The Gamecocks picked up 16 of the 18 first-place votes to top the 2015 poll.
They totaled more 128 points to out-distance Eastern Illinois and Eastern Kentucky in the vote. Eastern Illinois finished second in the poll with 107 total points while Eastern Kentucky picked up the other two first-place votes and finished third with 106 points. UT Martin was tabbed fourth and followed by Tennessee State, Southeast Missouri State University, Tennessee Tech, Murray State and Austin Peay.
The full list of predicted order of finish includes:
- Jacksonville State - 128 points
- Eastern Illinois - 107 points
- Eastern Kentucky - 106 points
- UT Martin - 78 points
- Tennessee State - 66 points
- Southeast Missouri - 63 points
- Tennessee Tech - 45 points
- Murray State - 38 points
- Austin Peay - 17 points
Some Heartland players on the 2015 All-OVC football team include:
- DeMichael Jackson - Southeast Missouri
- Paul McRoberts - Southeast Missouri
- Janawski Davis - Murray State
- Jonathan Jackson - Murray State
- Roper Garrett - Southeast Missouri
- Ryan McCrum - Southeast Missouri (K)
- Pokey Harris - Murray State (RS)