(KFVS) - Parts of the Heartland were under a Tornado Warning on Thursday night, July 9.
According to Emergency Management, Scott City, Mo. was reporting storm damage. They say law enforcement communications is not working.
The Scott County Sheriff's Office said Main Street at Chester and Elm is closed due to water over the road. They're warning people not to try and drive if there's water on the road because it's dangerous.
As of 10:30 p.m. Ameren Missouri is reporting 1,344 customers without power in Scott County and 23 customers without power in Cape Girardeau County.
The SEMO Electric Cooperative is reporting 222 customers are without power, mostly in Scott County and Advance.
Here are some ways you can take action and stay safe:
- Download our First Alert Weather App. (Search "KFVS on your app store.)
- Turn on your weather radio
- Sign up to receive First Alert Weather e-mails.
- Text Storm to 91212 to receive severe weather text messages. (Standard text messaging rates may apply.)
- Follow @kfvsweather on Twitter.
- "Like" the KFVS Weather Alerts page on Facebook.
- Make sure you stay with the First Alert Weather Team for your first alert of dangerous weather.