PERRY COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - Ten people are without a home after a fire in Perry County Saturday night.
The fire started around 7 p.m. Saturday night on Highway V in Perry County when some grease caught fire in the kitchen.
Owners Kaleb and Cassidy Loughary say they were at home fixing pork chops and sides in their kitchen.
Seven other family members were inside the home including four children.
Loughary says it started when some grease caught fire.
Within moments, the fire reached a propane tank which ignited and shot out fire throughout the garage.
Family members gathered children, including a 5-week-old child and a 1-year-old and left the house.
Everyone was able to get out without injury.
Within moments, the garage along with three vehicles were engulfed in flames.
The fire and smoke then spread throughout parts of the home.
Fire departments from Perryville, Biehle, and Chester responded and put out the fire.
They remained on scene until about midnight, tearing out walls and the ceiling to make sure the fire was completely out.
Loughary says several explosions were heard while the garage was on fire due to the tanks of gasoline on vehicles, tires and other small appliances like lawnmowers and weedeaters.
Family was there on Sunday to rummage through the debris to salvage what items they could.
Among those items were baby toys, clothes, a football and other miscellaneous items.
Loughary says as of now, they are staying at a hotel in Perryville until they can figure out where to live.
Some donations have been given to them but much more is needed, Loughary says.
If anyone would like to donate any items, they may contact Citizens Electric to see what is needed for the Loughary family.