Firefighters: Toilet put out fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Firefighters: Toilet put out fire

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

Fire crews in Cape Girardeau, Missouri got a little help putting out a fire from a toilet.

Firefighters say a smoldering cigarette caught a trash can on fire inside an apartment on Spring Street.

Before the fire could spread, it melted a hole in a toilet bowl and the escaping water put out the small fire.

The fire was ruled accidental.

Copyright 2015 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly