CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - A man was taken to a local hospital late Wednesday night after being hit by a train near Cape Girardeau, according to Battalion Chief Fred Vincel with the Cape Girardeau Fire Department.
Officer Darin Hickey with Cape Girardeau Police says crews were called to the scene around 10 p.m. A group of people had been walking near the tracks shooting a music video and the man was hit by a train as it came around a corner, unable to stop.
The victim is identified as Dejuan M. Haynes, 21, of St. Louis. He had serious internal injuries and also injuries to his leg but was in stable condition, according to Hickey.
Ten people there were cited for trespassing.
Nine of the 10 cited include:
- Brandace R. Anderson, 22, of Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Kaelin A. Clabon-Barnes, 19, of St. Louis, Mo.
- Dejuan M. Haynes, 21, St. Louis, Mo.
- Jamar S. King, 22, of St. Louis, Mo.
- Brandon T. Ramsey, 20, of St. Louis, Mo.
- Maurice V. Wallace, III, 18, of Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Jevon A. Weaver, 20, of Florissant, Mo.
- Devon A. Westley, 22, of St. Louis, Mo.
- Terrionne B. Young, 18, of St. Louis, Mo.