Clothes dryer sparks house fire in Cape Girardeau - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Clothes dryer sparks house fire in Cape Girardeau

Fire crews were called out to a house fire at 1036 S. Sprigg Street just before 1 p.m. on Monday. Fire crews were called out to a house fire at 1036 S. Sprigg Street just before 1 p.m. on Monday.
The fire started in a basement dryer. The fire started in a basement dryer.
Crews were able to put the fire out quickly and fanned the smoke out of the home. Crews were able to put the fire out quickly and fanned the smoke out of the home.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - One lane of S. Sprigg is shut down on the 1000 block after a house fire.

Fire crews were called out to a house fire at 1036 S. Sprigg Street just before 1 p.m. on Monday, according to the Cape Girardeau Fire Department.

The fire started in a basement dryer. Smoke filled the home. Everyone inside was able to get out safely.

Crews were able to put the fire out quickly and fanned the smoke out of the home. Crews took out laundry out of the dryer as well to make sure the fire didn't spread any further.

Ameren responded to the scene to cut off services to the home. 

There is smoke damage reported throughout the home. This fire is under investigation. 

Copyright 2014 KFVS. All rights reserved.  

Powered by Frankly