RENO, NV (KOLO/CNN) - Police say 13 people, including at least nine children, were hurt in a mishap at the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum on Wednesday.
Emergency crews say they were hurt in the malfunction of an exhibit - a smoke tornado machine used as part of a science experiment. It produced a "flash" effect.
The injuries range from minor to moderate. The victims are being treated for chemical burns.
There is no smoke or fire damage to the building itself.
The incident is under investigation.
Copyright 2014 KOLO via CNN. All rights reserved.