CHAFFEE, MO (KFVS) - A garage was destroyed by a fire Monday afternoon in Chaffee.
The homeowner of a garage at 111 West Parker in Chaffee was working on a pickup truck when it backfired and caught the engine on fire, according to the Chaffee Fire Department.
A 30 foot by 50 foot stone and wood construction garage/shop with a metal roof caught fire around 2:57 p.m.
The homeowner tried to put out the fire with a garden house. He had several minor burns.
The garage is a total loss.
A nearby utility pole also caught fire
Oran, Chaffee, and Delta fire departments and Ameren were at the scene.