AMBOY, Ill. (AP) - The Lee County Sheriff says a 3-year-old boy was accidentally electrocuted in the small town of Amboy.
Lee County Sheriff John Varga says Landyn Gerald Keener was pronounced dead Monday morning. The sheriff says the boy was leaving a trailer on his parents' property when the accident happened.
Varga tells The Telegraph in Dixon (http://bit.ly/1mTOouU ) that it appears the outside of the trailer became electrified because of faulty wiring.
Amboy is about 50 miles southwest of Rockford.
Information from: Dixon Telegraph, http://www.saukvalley.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.