GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The Future Business Leaders of America Region 1 Conference was held recently in Owensboro, Ky.
It was re-scheduled from being snowed out in Murray.
Graves County High School had 66 students competing in events and 38 placed and are state-bound. In total, they earned 10 1st Place events, 11 2nd Place events, and seven 3rd Place events.
- Audrie Lamb was elected the Region 1 President.
- Melissa LaClair was installed as Region 1 Parliamentarian.
- Eric Vogt was named Who's Who in FBLA.
- Melissa Shankle scored highest on the Parliamentary Procedure test.
The 1st Place winners include:
- Business Procedures - Nick Wyatt
- Computer Game & Simulation - Melissa Shankle, Patrick Yarbrough, and Austin Travis
- Local Chapter Annual Business Report - Garrett Bell, Eric Vogt, and Isaac Marrs
- Local Chapter Newsletter - Melissa Shankle
- Mobile App Development - Mitchell McClure, Mitul Ahmed, and Connor McKee
- Parliamentary Procedure - Cody Jones, Melissa Shankle, Tara Keeling, Lillie Garner, and Hannah Jones
- Personal Finance - Ty Wilson
- Public Service Announcement - Austin Crittenden and Andrew Szurgot
- Public Speaking I - Audrie Lamb
- Talent (Most Entertaining) - Annalise Thomason, Tellis Cherry, and Tamia Fair
The 2nd Place winners include:
- Business Math - Ryan Overby
- Community Service Project - Hannah Jones and Ashton Saxton
- Computer Applications - Taylor McAlpin
- Computer Problem Solving - Patrick Yarbrough
- Digital Design & Promotion - Roby Blackwell, Chandler Dunn, and Shelby Carter
- Digital Video Production - Grace Moreno
- Entrepreneurship - Garrett Bell, Hunter Jones, and Mitul Ahmed
- Ethel M. Plock Scholarship - Patrick Yarbrough
- Job Interview - Chloe Hohlbein
- Mr. FBLA - Eric Vogt
- Networking Concepts - Austin Travis
The 3rd Place winners include:
- Business Communication - Kristen Colley
- Business Presentation - Grayce Toon and Alexis Bell
- Insurance and Risk Management - Erica Holt
- Introduction to Business Communication - Melissa LaClair
- Largest Chapter Membership
- Local Chapter Nametag - Tyler Adams
- Management Information Systems - Kaylee Tucker and Laurna Todd
The state conference will be in Louisville at the Galt House April 14-16.
Mechelle Gattis is Graves County's FBLA chapter advisor.
Copyright 2014 KFVS. All rights reserved.