KFVS-TV – "100,000 Fans" Facebook Contest OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KFVS-TV, 310 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, MO 33701 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 11:30 a.m. Monday, March 31, 2014 and ends at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 1, 2014. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents.
Employees and immediate family members of employees of KFVS-TV, Raycom Media, Inc., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Winners cannot have won any contest on KFVS-TV or kfvs12.com in the last 30 days.
3. How to Enter: Beginning on March 31, 2014, a person can go online to the KFVS12 Facebook Fan Page and comment on the indicated post for a chance to win. Entry forms are not applicable to this promotion and are not necessary to win. Winners will be chosen randomly.
4. How to Win: Prize winners will be selected at random. All decisions of the judges shall be final. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prizes: 12 KFVS-TV coffee mugs as prizes will be awarded, with approximate value of $10 each.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded: All potential winners will be notified within 2 days of the drawing through a private message on Facebook. Any portion of any prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated herein, no compensation shall be given. Winners will be mailed their prize or can pick up their prize at KFVS-TV studios, located at 310 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, weekdays between 9a.m. and 5p.m.
7. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature.
8. Each winner representative agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner representative acknowledges that KFVS-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner representative's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability: By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases KFVS, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights: These official rules are subject to modification by KFVS-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KFVS-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. Winners’ names will appear on-air and will be notified through a private message on Facebook.