(KFVS) - Just as humans don't work as well in old weather, tech devices also struggle when the temps drop.
Some tips to remember to keep tech devices safe in cold weather:
- Keep devices warm.
- Do not leave out in the elements (parked cars, garages, etc.)
- If phone freezes up, let it warm up before restarting.
- Keep backup power source at all times (car charger, wall charger)
- Phones will withstand colder temperatures if turned off, so shut it down if not in use.
Some great apps to download for weathering the cold temps:
- KFVS Weather app--available on Android and Apple
- Winter Wake Me Up--available on Android and Apple, sets alarms based on what weather is forecasted for specific area.
- Road Trip Weather--Apple only, helps plans trips based on road conditions.
- Winter Survival Kit--Apple only, stores emergency numbers and records how many miles left on tank of gas among other things.
- Thermometer Widget--Android only, measures temps and wind chill.