A fire destroyed a home in Scott County Sunday night after a candle was knocked over and a cat alerted the family inside.
According to Scott County Rural Fire Chief Jeremy Perrien, the fire broke out on Estate Drive two miles south of Blodgett.
The owner of the home, Mark Lewis, told Heartland News that the cat alerted the family that there was a fire.
Lewis believes a candle did get knocked over in a room of the home and the cat came out of the room, frightened, and the family knew there was something wrong.
All family members and cats in the home were able to get out safely with no injuries.
Perrien said very cold temperatures made it hard for firefighters to operate equipment.
Fire trucks were frozen and crews had to break ice off the equipment.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Many people are looking to make a memory with the eclipse coming on Monday, Aug. 21 but at least two men in Carbondale, Illinois are getting to relive some memories while they wait for the big event.
Baptist Health Paducah will be offering a free prostate screening in September during Prostate Cancer Awareness Week.
As radio and TV ads from different charities flood the airwaves suggesting you donate your used car or boat, Better Business Bureau (BBB) has tips to help you choose a trustworthy charity.
A motorcycle crash in Randolph County, Illinois left one woman injured on Sunday, Aug. 20.
On Monday, Aug. 20 around 7 p.m., a crash in McCracken County, Kentucky sent two people to the hospital
Did you know your camera may need its own pair of glasses if you plan to point it at the sun during the historic solar eclipse?
The teenager faces 10 felony counts, including reckless homicide and causing death while operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.