HARRISBURG, IL (KFVS) - We're counting down to Christmas with sweet treats! This week's Heartland Cook from Harrisburg, Illinois loves to make candies she calls Martha Washingtons. They're a coconut-stuffed chocolate that Amber Hill remembers from childhood. Now she enjoys making the sweets with her children at Christmastime.
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup butter (softened) or margarine
- 1 package Almond Bark (or chocolate chips)
- Optional: 3 cups pecan pieces