When President John F. Kennedy was shot in 1963, CBS News went on the air - and stayed there for four days.
to watch the original reporting, as it happened. Live streaming coverage begins at 1:38 p.m. ET (12:38 p.m. central time), the time reports first began of the shooting in 1963.
This is a look at the online program schedule:
- class="first">1pm-First reports of President Kennedy shooting
- 2pm-Official JFK death announcement
- 3pm-First video playback of assassination
- 4pm-First video of Lee Harvey Oswald
- 5pm-U.S. and world leaders comment
- 6pm-LBJ addresses nation
- 7pm-JFK’s last speech
- 8pm-JFK’s obit
- 9pm-JFK’s obit continues
- 10pm-New details on Oswald arrest
- 11pm-Report on President Johnson