Fire sparked by pre-lit Christmas tree destroys volunteer firefi - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Fire sparked by pre-lit Christmas tree destroys volunteer firefighter's home

Posted: Updated:
OZARK, IL (KFVS) -

A volunteer firefighter's house is a complete loss after a pre-lit Christmas tree caught fire.

Multiple crews responded to a fire in Ozark, Illinois in Johnson County.

The home is at 1000 Thunderhawk Road.

A pre-lit Christmas tree was plugged in. That plug caught fire and caught the rest of the home on fire, according to New Burnside Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bill Dalton.

The home is a complete loss.

Everyone made it out of the house.

The Red Cross responded to help the family.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.