DESOTO, IL (KFVS) - Firefighters responded to house fire in DeSoto Wednesday morning.
It happened at 304 East Lincoln Street.
When firefighters arrived, flames were showing from the house.
There were family members in the home when the fire started, but they were able to escape safely.
The fire was contained to the kitchen area. The fire did burn the back and front walls of the home with heavy smoke damage throughout the home.
Cooking grease is the cause of the fire, according to Desoto Township Fire Captain Jake Rushing.
Carbondale Township, Dowell, Hurst, and Desoto Township Fire Departments responded to the scene.
The fire captain said this home also had a fire back in 2005.