ROLLA, MO (KFVS) - Mark Twain National Forest is waiving fees at most of its recreation sites over the Veterans Day holiday weekend, November 9-11.
The fee waivers are offered in cooperation with other federal agencies under the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act.
Day-use fees will be waived at all standard amenity fee sites operated by US Department of Agriculture Forest Service.
Mark Twain National Forest is also waiving camping site fees November 9 and 10.
Most of the fee campgrounds are currently closed for the season but camping fees will be waived for the following non-reserved sites:
· Cobb Ridge Campground in Chadwick ATV and Motorcycle Area in Christian County.
· North Fork Campground on North Fork of the White River, Ozark County.
· Greer Crossing Campground on Eleven Point National Scenic River, Oregon County.
Free day use will also be offered at:
· Deer Leap boat launch on the Current River outside of Doniphan, Ripley County, operated by KC on the Current, LLC operated by Stan Schultz and Rodney Moore.
· North Fork Recreation Area, long the North Fork of the White River, Ozark County.
· Markham Springs Recreation Area, along the Black River in Wayne County.
Annual or day use permits will still be required for use of the ATV and motorcycle trails at Chadwick Motorcycle and ATV Area in Christian County and at Sutton Bluff Motorcycle and ATV Area in Reynolds County.