Family homeless after Parma mobile home fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Family homeless after Parma mobile home fire

(Source: KFVS photojournalist Don Frazier) (Source: KFVS photojournalist Don Frazier)
PARMA, MO (KFVS) -

A Parma family is homeless after their trailer burned to the ground Thursday night.

According to Parma Fire Chief Chris Blackburn, a mobile home at 201B South Locust caught fire just before 10 p.m.

A family with children were inside at the time.

Blackburn said a candle was burning due to a power outage from storms that hit the Heartland Thursday night.

The candle caught a shower curtain on fire causing the rest of the home to burn quickly according to the fire chief.

Everyone made it out of the home safely with help from neighbors.

The home is a total loss.

Anyone wanting to donate to help the family can made a contribution in the name of Katherlene Thomas at the Bank of New Madrid.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly