Fallen power line sparks electrical box - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Fallen power line sparks electrical box

(Source: Mike Mohundro) (Source: Mike Mohundro)
(Source: Mike Mohundro) (Source: Mike Mohundro)
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

Electric workers say a fallen power line nearly caused a house to catch fire in Cape Girardeau on Thursday.

It happened in the 1600 block of Thilenius street, behind Southeast Health.

According to an Ameren Missouri Electric employee, a limb blew down into a power line leading to an electrical box at a house. The electrical box then sparked.

According to a neighbor, electric flickered in their home for a several minutes.

The Ameren employee said the electrical box burned itself out and could have easily caught the house on fire.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly