Overloaded electrical panel sparks fire in Buckner - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Overloaded electrical panel sparks fire in Buckner

(Source: KFVS multimedia journalist Mike Mohundro) (Source: KFVS multimedia journalist Mike Mohundro)
(Source: KFVS multimedia journalist Mike Mohundro) (Source: KFVS multimedia journalist Mike Mohundro)
BUCKNER, IL (KFVS) -

A home in Buckner has extensive damage after it caught fire Monday morning.

Buckner Firefighter James Daughtery says the fire started just after 10:30 a.m. at the corner of Market St. and George St.

Buckner Fire Department fought the fire and contained the flames to the left half of the home.

There was heavy smoke damage throughout the home.

Daughtery says an electrical panel overloaded and started the fire. The fire is still under investigation.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly