Backhoe causes gas leak, fire in Cape Girardeau - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Backhoe causes gas leak, fire in Cape Girardeau

(Source: Alexia Gunn Sander/Facebook) (Source: Alexia Gunn Sander/Facebook)
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

A fire broke out near Cape Girardeau's casino Wednesday afternoon.

It happened about 1:30 p.m.

According to Master Firefighter Matt Mittrucker, the backhoe struck a four-inch gas main and caused a leak.

Then, the fire flared-up when something on the backhoe ignited the leaking gas.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly