One person is dead and four injured following a house explosion in Calloway County, Kentucky.
The Calloway County Coroner Rick Harris confirms that the man who died is 72-year-old Kenneth Story.
Story's son says his father was a great man who will be greatly missed.
"He never met a man that didn't like him," Tim Story said. "He had a lot of friends. This house right here, everybody always knew they were welcome to come here. He took in a lot of people and a lot of animals."
According to the Kentucky State Police, they got a call a little after 7 p.m. Saturday night from a neighbor saying a home on Cook Store Trail exploded. That's near Coldwater.
When emergency crews arrived, the single story house was engulfed in flames.
According to Harris, Story died of blunt force trauma injuries from the explosion.
Four people were severely injured in the blast. One of the victims was airlifted from the scene to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. The other three victims were taken to an area hospital and later taken to Vanderbilt hospital. Two were airlifted and one person taken by ambulance.
Kentucky State Police has centered its investigation on a liquid propane wall heater and potential LP gas leak as the cause of the explosion and resulting fire. The home was a total loss.