WAPPAPELLO, MO (KFVS) - According to the Wappapello Fire Department, a mobile home, another vacant home along with two cars caught fire after a propane tank exploded Saturday night.
It happened on Mary Ann Street in Wappapello, Missouri around 10:40 p.m.
Fire crews say family members were burning trash.
The fire then spread and ignited a propane tank connected to a BBQ pit. The explosion caught the mobile home on fire and flames spread throughout the home.
The homeowner says he was burning something behind their old mobile home when something exploded.
The fire completely demolished the vacant mobile home and spread to their current home where fire and smoke damaged several rooms.
The fire also spread to two nearby vehicles, partially damaging the front of one while burning half of the other.
Friends and family are helping pick up the pieces and salvaging what they can.
The owner says he intends on rebuilding but is going to need some help.
The smoke, water and fire damage left the home unlivable.
One dog died inside the home while another dog survived.
One child had a burn on an arm but no one else was injured. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.