CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - The 21st annual Cape Girardeau Jaycees Barbecue Fest was in full swing Saturday.
The event took place at Arena Park in Cape Girardeau and was open to the public.
Organizers say 56 teams competed in this year's event. They hoped the raise $8,000-$10,000.
Proceeds go towards the Jaycees Toybox at Christmas which helps 500-700 kids with presents, according to the Jaycees director.
- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. -- Team check-in
- 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. -- Dinner at Jaycee Stand
- 5 to 11 p.m. -- Cape Jaycees "adult beverage" stand open
- 7 to 8 p.m. -- Showmanship Contest
- 8 to 11 p.m. -- Mike Renick Band live performance
- 5 to 11 a.m. -- Meat cook contests
- 3 p.m. -- Awards presentation (subject to change depending on when results for contests are in.)