Fuel ignites burning Zalma man - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Fuel ignites burning Zalma man

ARAB, MO (KFVS) -

A Zalma, Missouri man was hospitalized after an incident involving a generator and fuel on Friday morning.

A man's arm was set on fire after putting gas in a generator while he was camping, according to Zalma Fire Chief Johnny Borders Jr. It happened at Duck Creek Wildlife Conservation area near Arab, Missouri.

While filling up the generator, the fuel ignited and traveled up on his arm.

He was flown to a St. Louis hospital.

The injuries from the fire are not life threatening, but Borders says the man has a history of other medical problems which attributed him going to a St. Louis hospital.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly