Burning cardboard box catches home on fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Burning cardboard box catches home on fire

(Source: Mike Mohundro) (Source: Mike Mohundro)

Fire crews were called to a home on Sunday in Cape Girardeau.

A cardboard box caught fire on Saturday night setting a portion of the house in the 400 block of North Street on fire on Sunday, according to the Cape Girardeau Fire Department.

Four people including three kids who live in the home are safe.

Part of the house was smoldering during the night, according to Mark Starnes, Fire Battalion Chief.

The resident feels someone was trying to harm her family by starting the fire.

The Cape Police Department as well as the fire department are investigating.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly