The display will occur right after dark. Parking will be available at the City Park, first come first serve, no charge. Donations are still needed for the display this year and are being accepted by the BLFA up until, the day of and after the display. Anything collected after the purchase of fireworks this year will be used for the purchase of fire equipment for the Bloomfield Fire Department or saved for the 2014 display.
Bollinger County, MO - The Bollinger County Museum of Natural History will host the "past springs to life" on July 4th.
Experience our country's past history in our Civil War exhibits, journey with Lewis & Clark as they trek across the country, take a peek at artifacts that tell us about Native American culture, relax in the Play and Discover area, and much more! Help us celebrate the 4th of July by remembering special moments in history.
The Museum will be open July 4 from 12 p.m. (Noon)-4:30 p.m. For more information call 573-238-1174.
Cape Girardeau, MO -Fourth at the Fort! July 4th, 9am-4pm at Fort D Historic Site.
The soldiers of Fort D were very patriotic. At the national holiday, they would celebrate by firing their rifles and cannon, eating a special meal with friends and civilians, and flying their flags proudly. Come join with us at this special time.
Fort D Historic Site is an original earthworks fort dating from 1861. It is located at 920 Fort Street, off of Sprigg Street, four blocks south of MO Rte 74.
A firework display will be held at Arena Park on July 4th free of charge.
- 8:30pm – Patriotic Music Begins in Grandstand Area
- 9:00pm – Opening Ceremonies - Color Guard/Flag Presentation - Pledge of Allegiance
- 9:05pm – Spirit of America Award is presented by the Southeast Missourian - Certificates of Appreciation Presented to Sponsors - Francis Scott Key Reading - National Anthem sung by Amy Hodges
- 9:10 – FIREWORKS SHOW - Fireworks show is anticipated to last between 20 – 30 minutes
Event parking is first come and it is anticipated that there will be congestion after the conclusion of the Fireworks show. The Cape Girardeau Police Department will be on hand to direct traffic out of the major park exits. Patience upon exiting the event is encouraged by all event goers on this patriotic day as we celebrate our Nation's history.
Caruthersville, MO - The city of Caruthersville will be having a fireworks display behind city hall after dark. Bring lawn chairs or blankets.
Charleston, MO - The Choir of First Baptist Church of Charleston will present its program of patriotic music, at 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 4 in the church sanctuary.
Dexter, MO -The City of Dexter fireworks will be held July 3 starting at dusk at the East City Park. According to the city, the rain out date will be July 5.
Jackson, MO - Several 4th of July activities are planned in Jackson.
- 7:04 a.m. - 5K walk/run and children's fun run - Start & finish at Healthpoint Fitness
- 8 a.m. - Mud volleyball starts
- 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. - Jackson Elks 2652 Beer Garden
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. - car show
- 10 a.m. - Little Miss Firecracker Pageant at Band Shell (registration starts at 9 a.m.)
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Kid's mud pit by Mud Volleyball
- 11 a.m. - Patriotic bicycle parade, art in the park, food stands, pony rides
- 7 p.m. - Southern Brothers at band shell
- 8 p.m. - Jackson Muny Band and band shell
- 9:30 p.m. - firework display
Marble Hill, MO - Annual fireworks display will begin at 9 p.m. at the baseball park. It is free and open to the public. Bring lawn chairs.
Oran, MO - The Knights of Columbus will host the annual Oran Picnic.
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. - buffet style dinner ($9 all you can eat, $4 for ages 6-12, under 6 is free)
- 1 p.m. - horseshoe tournament - registration at noon ($6)
- 3:30 p.m. - washer tournament - registration at 2:30 p.m. ($6)
- 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. - wagon rides
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. - live music with Classy Chassy Country Leroy and Becky
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. - live music with The Caney Creek Band
- 7 p.m. - evening bingo for cash in the KC Hall
- 10 p.m. - fireworks
Perryville, MO - The Rotary Club of Perryville is coordinating the community fireworks display in the Perryville City Park on July 4. JRDigital Sound will provide music starting at 7 p.m. with the fireworks display beginning at 9 p.m. Glow necklaces and refreshments will be available for purchase that evening. In case of rainout on July 4, the event will be held on July 5.
Poplar Bluff, MO - The 2013 Butler County Fair will be July 3 through July 6 at Clinton Park.
Admission for the fair is $6 for adults, $3 for children ages six to 11 and free for children under six.
Some of the events will include a carnival, mule judging, parade, BBQ cookoff and more.
You can click here for more information.
Sikeston, MO - Sikeston will host its annual fireworks display at the Sports complex off of Campenella Street. It starts at dusk. Bring lawn chairs or blankets.
Wappapello, MO - Wappapello will have its annual fireworks show by Redman Creek on July 6 at dusk.
According to the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Annual Ranger Willie B. Safe's Wet 'n Wild Waterfest will be held on July 6.
This free event is co-sponsored with the SEMO Regional Water Safety Council and will be held at the Redman Creek Beach from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fireworks will be held at dusk.
Anna, IL - Anna will have fireworks at dusk at the Anna City Park. Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs.
Carbondale, IL -The City of Carbondale will host the annual fireworks display on Thursday, July 4, 2013, beginning at 9 p.m. in the Carbondale SuperBlock located behind University Mall.
Attendees are encouraged to bring lawnchairs and take advantage of the open green space within the SuperBlock. Bleacher seating is available by the athletic fields and track. Concession stands will be open and restrooms will available. No alcohol is permitted within the SuperBlock.
Traffic will enter from South Lewis Lane with parking available for the first 300 vehicles. Additional parking will be available at Lewis School and Carbondale Middle School located on East Grand Avenue and at Carbondale High School located at the intersection of Giant City Road and West Walnut Street. Sports Blast Drive will not be open to through traffic.
Carterville, IL - Fireworks will be on July 4 at Cannon Park at dusk.
Du Quoin, IL - There will be fireworks on Wednesday, July 3 at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds at dusk. Those attending are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs.
Goreville, IL -Freedom Fest 2013 will be held in Goreville, Illinois, on Thursday, July 4.
- 6:30am - Freedom Run/Walk 5K Race Registration at Goreville School
- 7:30am - Freedom Run/Walk 5K Race begins
- 3pm - Parade lineup at Goreville School
- 3pm - "The Phelps Brothers" in concert at Collins & Broadway
- 4pm - Parade starts
- 4pm - Johnson County Cloggers at Collins & Broadway
- 5:30pm - Free concert at the Village Park: South of 70
- 7pm - Free concert at the Village Park: Jim Cato
- 9pm - Fireworks at Village Park Food
Herrin, IL - The Herrin Park District announced they will have fireworks on Thursday, July 4.The park district says there will be no charge for parking or admission.
Events for that day include:
- Baseball/softball all day
- Two bands and concessions
- "Mr. Swamp Fox" at 5:30 p.m.
- "Dirt Water Fox" at 7:30 p.m.
- Fireworks will be immediately after "Dirt Water Fox," around 9 p.m.
Kaskaskia, IL - The 44th Annual Independence Day Celebration is planned for 12:30 p.m. Thursday, July 4, 2012, at the Liberty Bell of the West Shrine on Kaskaskia Island. On that date in 1778 after George Rogers Clark and his troops occupied Kaskaskia without firing a shot during the Revolutionary War, the bell was rung for freedom. King Louis XV of France gave the bell to the church of Kaskaskia in 1741. The bell has become known as the Liberty Bell of the West. It is 11 years older than the Eastern Bell and has been featured on WGN-TV Chicago "Crusin' Illinois" vignette, and on the History Channel in "How the States Got their Shapes" documentary.
The hour-long patriotic ceremony, which is free and open to the public. Visitors are asked to bring lawn chairs, although some chairs will be provided under tents. The featured remarks this year will be given by Dr. Glenn Poschard, President of Southern Illinois University. The Chester Municipal Band will perform patriotic music, and Chloe Wallace will sing patriotic selections. Taps in memory of our Patriots will be played.
Plate lunches and other refreshments will be available before and after the program.
To reach Kaskaskia, cross the Chester Bridge, go 4 miles on Hwy 51, turn Right on H Road, go 7 miles to Hwy 61, turn Right, travel through St. Mary, MO, to the Old Channel Bridge, turn Right, and follow the Kaskaskia Bell Markers for 5 miles. There is parking behind the Shrine. 203 First St. Kaskaskia, IL
Marion, IL - There will be firework behind the KC grounds at dusk on July 4. Bring blankets or lawn chairs.
Metropolis, IL - There will be two firework displays in Metropolis on July 4. The first will be at Washington Park at dusk followed by fireworks by Harrah's and the city of Metropolis at the river. Bring lawn chairs.
Mt. Vernon, IL -Salute to Freedom at the Mt. Vernon Airport. Gates open at 5 p.m. and fireworks start at dusk. New this year - chalk art contest with prizes! Live entertainment, food vendors, children's activities, and a massive fireworks display! For more information call (618) 242-3151.
Steeleville, IL - Steeleville will have a carnival July 3 and 4 at the American Legion Parkgrounds. The carnival begins Wednesday, July 3 at 6 p.m. with rides and live musice. There area also food stands.
- 8 a.m. - crafts begin at American Legion building
- 10 a.m. - parade from East Main to Chester Street
- carnival rides, food throughout the day
- 10 p.m. - fireworks at the ball diamond at the American Legion Park
Tamms, IL - The Tamms Volunteer Fire Department 4th of July celebration will be at Tamms park on July 4. There will be the 1st annual car, truck, and motorcycle show. Gospel music at noon. Bingo from 2 to 7 p.m. Food include burgers, BBQ, and fish. There will be a bounce castle and games for the kids. Steve Hornbeak and the Mainstreet Players will provide entertainment from 6 to 9 p.m. There will be a door prize drawing at 9 p.m. and a fireworks show at 10 p.m.
West Frankfort, IL - The City will be having fireworks the West Frankfort Community Park at dusk. All are welcome.
Paducah, KY - The City of Paducah celebration will be at the riverfront on Thursday, July 4. There will be food, fireworks, and free entertainment on Wilson Stage. Vendors, including those selling food, desserts, and toys, will begin selling items at 5:30 p.m. Four Rivers Church members will be distributing insect repellant. To help families with young children, members of the Elks Club will provide a diaper changing station near the portable restrooms. Entertainment on Wilson Stage includes:
- Dukes of Dixie: Dixieland Jazz Combo 6:30 p.m.
- Paducah Jazz Ensemble: Big Band Jazz 7:00 p.m.
- Market House Theatre Tribute to America 8:15 p.m.
- Paducah Community Band: Concert Band 8:30 p.m.
- National Anthem/Fireworks 9:15 p.m.
A list of events during Freedomfest includes:
Friday, June 28
- 1:00 pm - Rotary Max Hurt Memorial Golf Tournament
- 5 pm-12:00 am - Freedom Fest Patio by Coors Light, Hosted by the Big Apple (21 and older only)
- 5:45 pm - Parker Ford Street Fair opens/Opening Ceremony on main stage
- 6-10:30 pm - Red, White and Blue Block Party
- 6-8:00 pm - Matty McRee performs
- 8:30-10:30 pm - Clarence Dobbins performs
- 10:30 pm - Parker Ford Street Fair Closes
Saturday, June 29
- 7:00 am - Primary Care's 5K Run
- 7:00 am - Gary Boone Memorial Breakfast - First United Methodist Church
- 8:00 am - Parker Ford Street Fair opens w/inflatables
- 8:00 am - Parade Line-up (10th St.)
- 8:45 am - Briggs & Stratton Main St. Mile
- 9:30 am - FNB Bank Freedom Fest Parade begins
- 1:00 pm - Parker Ford Street Fair Closes
- 3-9:00 pm - Top Gun Cruise-In Car Show - MSU Stadium Parking Lot
- 6-10:00 pm - The Murray Bank Family Night in the Park (Central Park) Band, inflatables, vendors, pony rides, petting zoo and more!
- 8:00 pm - Town and Gown Community Band performance
- 9:30 pm - Briggs & Stratton Fireworks Extravaganza
Sunday, June 30
- 1-6 p.m. Culver's Day at the Pool (FREE Admission to Central Park Pool)
Thursday, July 4
- 7:30 am - Veteran's Remembrance Ceremony (Chestnut Park)
Check out the KFVS Local Events Calendar for more events and to add your own event.
If you have a community event for the 4th of July holiday and weekend, email email@example.com.