Crews fight house fire in Marion

MARION, IL (KFVS) - Crews were on the scene of a house fire in Marion, Illinois shortly before 8 a.m. on Friday morning.

The fire is was in the 200 block of West Deyoung, just off Route 13.

Fire Chief Jack Reed says the fire started in the kitchen where a pan had been left on a stove unattended.

Chief Reed says the family of three and a dog made it out safely.

It took crews two hours to put out the flames. The home suffered moderate damage.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.