CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) - NIOSH's Mobile Occupational Safety and Health Unit will be in our area soon to conduct black lung screenings.
All coal miners are encouraged to stop by the mobile and participate in this free health exam. Typically, testing takes about 25 minutes and includes a short questionnaire, a chest x-ray, and a spirometry (breathing) test. Blood pressure screening will also be available.
Although walk-ins will be accepted, miners are urged to call 1-888-480-4042 to schedule an appointment. Depending on the number of miners participating, some wait time should be anticipated. Hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Dates and locations include:
- April 1: Peabody Midwest Mining, Wildcat Hills Mine, 115 Grayson Lane, Eldorado, IL 62930
- April 2: Walmart 1344 Hwy 1, Carmi IL 62821
- April 3: Economy Inn and Suites, 411 E. Poplar Street, Harrisburg, IL 62946
- April 4: Knight Hawk Coal, Prairie Eagle South UG Mine, Prairie Eagle UG Mine at Bath House, Percy, IL 62272
- April 5: Peabody Midwest Mining, Gateway Mine, 13101 Zeigler 11 Road, Coulterville, IL 62237
- April 8: Prairie State Mining, Lively Grove Mine, 4274 County Highway 12, Marissa, IL 62257
- April 9: Maryan Mining, Shay #1 Mine, 14300 Brushy Mound Road, Carlinville, IL 62626
- April 10:Tri County Coal, Crown III Mine, #2 Mine Avenue, Farmersville, IL 62533
- April 11: Arch Coal, Viper Mine, 5945 Lester Road, Williamsville, IL 62693
- April 12:Hampton Inn, 11 Thunderbird Circle, Litchfield, IL 62056