DEXTER, MO (KFVS) - A house in Dexter was destroyed after a fire ripped through the home Sunday morning.
Dexter Fire Chief Don Seymore says a passer-by saw smoke coming from the garage around 11:30 a.m.
The passer-by stopped and went around to the back of the house and knocked on the back door to alert those inside that their house was burning.
Everyone got out of the house without injuries.
Dexter Fire Department responded and fought the blaze for a couple hours.
Seymore says the fire started in the garage and the home is a total loss.
He does not think it is suspicious at this time, but is still under investigation.