Fairdealing Fire Dept. says garage a total loss after house fire

MARSHALL COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The Fairdealing Fire Department responded to a house fire a little after 5 p.m. on Tuesday in the community of Olive in Marshall County, Ky.

According to Capt. Craig Sparks, they received a call about a car fire in a garage at a home on Old Olive Road. He said the garage was fully involved when crews got there.

Sparks said the garage was attached to a house and there was a concern the fire could spread. Fire fighters were able to keep the home from being seriously damaged.

He said it has some minor smoke and water damage, but the garage is a total loss.

Copyright KFVS 2013. All rights reserved.