Snapped power line causes fire at Carbondale business

Fire at Wise Guy's Pizza (Source: Multimedia Journalist
Fire at Wise Guy's Pizza (Source: Multimedia Journalist

CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) - Fire crews were called to a Carbondale business after a fire broke out  there on Thursday afternoon.

According to the Carbondale fire chief, shortly before 4 p.m., a power line covered with ice snapped along the railroad tracks and hit the building housing Wise Guy's Pizza at 102 W. College Street.

The line shorted out power to the building. A fire started in the breaker box.

Due to the line snapping, power was out on the east side of S. Illinois Avenue.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.