(KFVS) - There are many reasons why some of us struggle to get in shape and stay healthy.
But whatever your obstacles may be, here is a workout plan and grocery list that can help you get in shape and live a healthy lifestyle even with a busy schedule.
An effective workout you can try is the 'Beginner Full body Blitz! Week' workout:
On Monday and Friday:
Warm up with a 7 minute walk.
Segment 1: (exercises 1-6 done with no rest in between)
1. machine chest press x 12 reps
2. bodyweight squats x 20 reps
3. barbell shoulder press x 12 reps
4. machine leg press x 20 reps
5. close grip pull down x 12 reps
6. dumbbell stiff leg dead lift x 12 reps
Take a two minute rest and repeat steps 1-6 one more time.
Segment 2: Slow and steady cardio
1. Perform 20 minutes of cardio on any piece of equipment you choose, while maintaining 120-130 bpm.
Slow and steady cardio:
1. 20 minute incline walk maintaining a heart rate of 120-130 bpm
2. 15 minute bike maintaining heart rate of 120-130 bpm
3. 20 minute incline walk maintaining heart rate of 120-130 bpm
When shopping for groceries, take this list with you to fill your cart with healthy foods:
- chicken: fresh or frozen boneless chicken breast or tenderloin, ground white meat chicken
- seafood: tuna, salmon, cod, tilapia, snapper, mahi mahi, scallops, shrimp, crab meat, sea bass
- turkey: turkey breast (90% lean or leaner)
- beef: ground beef (90% lean or leaner), filet, sirloin steak, round and flank
- dairy: skim milk, string cheese, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, low carb yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, eggs, egg whites
- protein powder: Ultimate Muscle Protein, Monster Mass
- brown rice
- Ezekiel bread
- oat bran
- oatmeal or steel cut oats
- sweet potatoes or yams