Urbandale family loses home after fire

The home is a total loss (Source: KFVS12 Photojournalist MIke Mohundro).
The home is a total loss (Source: KFVS12 Photojournalist MIke Mohundro).

URBANDALE, IL (KFVS) - An Urbandale family lost their home in a fire Saturday evening.

According to Cairo Auxilary Assistant Fire Chief Gene Chrestman, a fire broke out at a home on Willow Road, north of Urbandale, Saturday around 6:30 p.m.

A family was inside the home at the time, but were able to get out safely.

The home is a total loss.

Chrestman says the family may have used a portable heater. The family believes this is what started the fire.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.