CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - A flue fire caused $45,000 worth of damage to a house on Cambridge Drive in Cape Girardeau, Mo. late Thursday night.
Cape Girardeau fire department responded to the fire at 2205 Cambridge Drive around 10:20 p.m.
Once on the scene, crews realized smoke was coming from the fireplace area.
After investigating, it was found that there was a fire in the wall between the basement and the first floor.
There was an extensive overhaul done to the basement and the first floor fire was then put out.
Firefighters were on the scene for over two hours.