Space heater may be to blame in house fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Space heater may be to blame in house fire

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

Firefighters say a space heater or wall heater is likely to blame for a fire at home on N. Water Street.

According to Cape Girardeau firefighter Brad Dillow says crews were called out around 9 p.m. Friday.

Dillow says the female occupant of the home told firefighters she smelled smoke and went into the living room where she saw the couch was on fire.

Firefighters say the couch was pushed up against a heater and ignited.

The woman reportedly tried to extinguish the fire on her own. When that didn't work, firefighters say she called 911.

The home sustained moderate damaged but the woman was not injured.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly