Old City Hall in Lone Oak damaged by fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Old City Hall in Lone Oak damaged by fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Lone Oak Fire Department) (Source: Lone Oak Fire Department)
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • 'Remembering Our Fallen' exhibit comes to Wappapello

    'Remembering Our Fallen' exhibit comes to Wappapello

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 10:34 AM EDT2014-08-27 14:34:07 GMT
    A special exhibit to remember the men and women who gave their all in The War on Terror will be on display at the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center at Wappapello Lake from Aug. 27 until Labor Day. 
    A special exhibit to remember the men and women who gave their all in The War on Terror will be on display at the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center at Wappapello Lake from Aug. 27 until Labor Day. 
  • Man pleads guilty in death of Illinois officer

    Man pleads guilty in death of Illinois officer

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 7:34 AM EDT2014-08-27 11:34:10 GMT
    A South Carolina man has pleaded guilty in a vehicle crash that killed an on-duty Pontiac officer and his police dog last year.
    A South Carolina man has pleaded guilty in a vehicle crash that killed an on-duty Pontiac officer and his police dog last year.
  • Does It Work: Stone Wave

    Does It Work: Stone Wave

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 7:00 AM EDT2014-08-27 11:00:29 GMT
    It's a quick way to cook a full meal right in the microwave, and it's a individual serving size. But does the Stone Wave Microwave Cooker work?
    It's a quick way to cook a full meal right in the microwave, and it's a individual serving size. But does the Stone Wave Microwave Cooker work?
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, KY (KFVS) -

A fire broke out Saturday afternoon at the Old City Hall building in Lone Oak, Kentucky on Cumberland Ave.

According to Lone Oak Fire Chief Larry Freeman, an apartment upstairs received extensive damage including a complete loss to one room. Downstairs, a dog grooming business had extensive smoke damage. 

A worker in the dog grooming business smelled smoke and called the fire department. The dogs were got out safely and nobody was at home in the upstairs apartment. No injuries were reported.

Freeman says there is a high probability that the cause could be from some old wiring. The building is very old. He says there were talks about tearing the building down after the city was dissolved back in 2008.

The fire Marshal will be called in to investigate.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.