Kennett business extensively damaged by fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Kennett business extensively damaged by fire

Posted: Updated:
Two people had to be treated for smoke inhalation (Source: Steve Holsten). Two people had to be treated for smoke inhalation (Source: Steve Holsten).
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Boil order issued for subdivision in Cape Girardeau

    Boil order issued for subdivision in Cape Girardeau

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 6:11 PM EDT2014-04-16 22:11:15 GMT
    The Hillcrest Manor Subdivision off of Route K in Cape Girardeau, Mo. has no water currently. When the water does come back on, they will be on a boil water order until further notice.
    The Hillcrest Manor Subdivision off of Route K in Cape Girardeau, Mo. has no water currently. When the water does come back on, they will be on a boil water order until further notice.
  • Jury deliberating in ex-priest sex abuse case

    Jury deliberating in ex-priest sex abuse case

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 6:07 PM EDT2014-04-16 22:07:30 GMT
    A jury has gone into deliberations in the trial of a former Catholic priest accused of sexually abusing two teenage boys in Louisville in the 1970s.
    A jury has gone into deliberations in the trial of a former Catholic priest accused of sexually abusing two teenage boys in Louisville in the 1970s.
  • ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid

    ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 6:03 PM EDT2014-04-16 22:03:39 GMT
    Commonwealth Edison wants another rate increase to help offset the costs of modernizing Illinois' electric grid.
    Commonwealth Edison wants another rate increase to help offset the costs of modernizing Illinois' electric grid.
KENNETT, MO (KFVS) -

A Kennett business was extensively damaged by fire on Friday afternoon.

According to Kennett Police, the fire call came in around 12:31 p.m. at Bill's Bar-B-Que at  700 Saint Francis Street.

Initial reports indicate the bar-b-cue pit in the rear of the restaurant overheated and caught grease on fire.

Fire Chief John Mallot reports the pit was laden with grease form years of open pit cooking. He says building has moderate loss and damage to the structure and the contents.

The fire then spread the rear of the restaurant and extensively damaged the kitchen. There was smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the building.

Apparently, the restaurant was very busy at the time the fire broke out.

One person was treated and taken to Twin Rivers Medical Center for difficulty breathing.

The restaurant was established in 1947. Owner Bill Horton has not said what his plans are for now.

Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.