Kennett business extensively damaged by fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Kennett business extensively damaged by fire

Posted: Updated:
Two people had to be treated for smoke inhalation (Source: Steve Holsten). Two people had to be treated for smoke inhalation (Source: Steve Holsten).
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Carmi woman believed to be found dead rescued from mud

    Carmi woman believed to be found dead rescued from mud

    Sunday, August 31 2014 6:53 PM EDT2014-08-31 22:53:04 GMT
    A woman, believed to have been found dead, was rescued after being stuck and covered in mud for 24 hours in Carmi, Illinois.
    A woman, believed to have been found dead, was rescued after being stuck and covered in mud for 24 hours in Carmi, Illinois.
  • Weather not stopping Labor Day weekend plans at Rend Lake

    Weather not stopping Labor Day weekend plans at Rend Lake

    Monday, September 1 2014 12:12 AM EDT2014-09-01 04:12:07 GMT
    The Rend Lake campgrounds and beach we're packed this Labor Day weekend despite several rain showers and an outlook of more rainy weather.
    The Rend Lake campgrounds and beach we're packed this Labor Day weekend despite several rain showers and an outlook of more rainy weather.
  • Everyday Hero: Vince Seyer

    Everyday Hero: Vince Seyer

    Sunday, August 31 2014 11:33 PM EDT2014-09-01 03:33:28 GMT
    CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - He may not be headlining a major concert tour, but Vince Seyer shares his vocal stylings all around Cape Girardeau. “It's something as tiring as it can be sometimes. I love it," said Everyday Hero Vince Seyer.Vince was never a performer growing up-, but family and friends kept asking him to sing at church. Though he suffered from stage fright, he found his most receptive audience at nursing homes. “I was afraid," Seyer said. "I had no courage whatsoever. I was afra...
    CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - He may not be headlining a major concert tour, but Vince Seyer shares his vocal stylings all around Cape Girardeau. “It's something as tiring as it can be sometimes. I love it," said Everyday Hero Vince Seyer.Vince was never a performer growing up-, but family and friends kept asking him to sing at church. Though he suffered from stage fright, he found his most receptive audience at nursing homes. “I was afraid," Seyer said. "I had no courage whatsoever. I was afra...
KENNETT, MO (KFVS) -

A Kennett business was extensively damaged by fire on Friday afternoon.

According to Kennett Police, the fire call came in around 12:31 p.m. at Bill's Bar-B-Que at  700 Saint Francis Street.

Initial reports indicate the bar-b-cue pit in the rear of the restaurant overheated and caught grease on fire.

Fire Chief John Mallot reports the pit was laden with grease form years of open pit cooking. He says building has moderate loss and damage to the structure and the contents.

The fire then spread the rear of the restaurant and extensively damaged the kitchen. There was smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the building.

Apparently, the restaurant was very busy at the time the fire broke out.

One person was treated and taken to Twin Rivers Medical Center for difficulty breathing.

The restaurant was established in 1947. Owner Bill Horton has not said what his plans are for now.

Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.